Invest for the possibility of success, not the guarantee!
Ian Wharton (Group Creative director)
AKQA is an ideas and innovation company.
We exist to create the future with our clients.
- Hardcore research – Reading journal, re-journal it.
- Go out and speak to people (physical, digital)
- Pretend! Put yourself in the world of that scenario you are working on. Act it out.
- Prototype quickly. Jamie Oliver app was prototyped on paper
Some inspiring thoughts from Wharton
- Don’t just assume that you know about it.
- Ask if this would this make their(customer’s) life better.
- Never leap to a conclusion before you know what the problem is.
- Stay Simple. Don’t over engine because life is super complex already.
- We are expected to create a certainty. But that is entirely wrong.
–> Invest for the possibility of success, not the guarantee!
- Unfortunately what world expect you all is to be multidisciplinary of everything.
If you are born as a designer, don’t assume that you can’t write.
- Allow yourself a room to f*** up. Dare to fail. Failure is never fun!
Allow yourself to write a crap sentence… and nail it.